Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Read and Think Like an Historian
Key questions to consider when reading for historical knowledge & understanding
- What are the most important impacts of this thinker on her or his time period? How is she or he significant? What facts or information from this source support your answer?
- What is the purpose of this piece?
- When was this written? By whom?
- Who is the intended audience?
- What information from other sources does this source CORROBORATE?
- What information from other sources does this source COMPLICATE or make confusing?
- What questions are you left with after reading this source?
- What connections to other thinkers did you see in this source? What relationship does this thinker have to other thinkers of the time period (or other time periods)?
Zurich International School
8820 Wädenswil, Switzerland
+41 (0) 58 750 2500