Skip to main content
What do we need to know?
Questions to think about when you take notes:
Where did the person or people migrate from?
Where did they migrate to?
When did they migrate?
How many migrated?
Why did they migrate? (push and pull factors)
What were the effects of this migration?
What strategies can help us?
- Questions help you to decide if the information is useful.
- Write down or draw your ideas about a topic
- Organize your information into categories
Creating a mind map
- Put the main idea in the middle
- Create branches for your ideas
- Use pictures or symbols
Tools to help you:
Different ways to take notes
Organizing and sorting your information
- use your own words
- write keywords or phrases
- notice text features such as captions,table of contents, index, glossary
- use bullet points, lists
- use abbreviations,drawings, diagrams and symbols
Strategies you could use
- Trash and treasure
- Cornell notes
Tools to help you stay organized
- ZIS libraries subscribe to Easybib pro. It is a great tool to cite your sources (give credit), take notes and keep your information organized.
Zurich International School
8820 Wädenswil, Switzerland
+41 (0) 58 750 2500